Dan Puiu, Dănuţ Tăzlăoanu & Botond Harai – Siemens
Dan Puiu has 4 years experience as embedded systems engineer at Siemens Romania R&D and he is leading the Firmware Development team within the Embedded Systems department. He graduated the Transilvania University of Braşov with the specialization Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
Dănuţ Tăzlăoanu has 3 years experience as product tester and embedded system engineer at Siemens Romania R&D. He is leading the Test and Tools team within the Embedded Systems department. He graduated the Transilvania University of Braşov with the specialization Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
Botond Harai has 3 years experience as system tester and electromagnetic compatibility specialist at Siemens Romania R&D. He graduated the Technical University of Cluj-Napoca with the specialization Power Electronics and Electrical Drives.
Workshop: Testing Methodologies Suitable for Embedded Products Verification
The goal of this presentation/demo:
The presentation will cover the specific testing methodologies used during the development of the embedded devices. It will present the main challenges and adjustments which have to be done in order to obtain a robust unit/product/system test automation.
The session will also include live testing demonstrations for various embedded devices which are integrated in circuit breaker designs.
What we will do in this presentation/demo:
During the presentation/demos we will talk about:
- Unit testing for firmware applications: unit test life cycle, specific patterns for firmware unit testing, demo and example for testing the hardware abstraction layer of a firmware application
- Product testing of embedded devices: typical architecture of a product testing automation, demo for testing the inputs/outputs of a device
- System test of products integrating embedded devices: black box testing, system test challenges, demo scenarios on testing a Siemens circuit breaker
You are in the target audience if you:
- Are passionate about embedded systems development (firmware applications and hardware designs);
- Are interested to know more about testing an embedded device;
- Are you working or planning to work as embedded systems engineer/tester.
The presentation will be held on Zoom and it is open for everybody who wants to join
Interested in other presentations and workshops?