Full-stack .Net developer
Then, after 2 years he switched to .NET after working at an enterprise application. He loved it so much that he decided then and there to dedicate himself to .NET ecosystem. So, for the last 7 years he has been using the power of .Net for both enterprise applications for European leaders and for his own my personal projects.
Marian is also interested in education, and sharing what he knows – this is why he got involved activities like mentoring internship students, giving OOP laboratory at the university and various workshops and webinars.
He joined AgileHub after Peak IT 002 and we are glad you can attend his workshop this year.
Workshop – The modern .NET – Real time web apps with Blazor and SignalR
The goal of the workshop
The goal of this workshop is to discover how you can use the new .Net 5 to create modern, real-time web applications and to understand how .Net, Blazor, SignalR and Entity Framework work together to help you develop SPA’s (single page applications) faster than ever.
What will we do in this workshop?
The workshop will start with a presentation on how all these technologies work together then we’ll switch to coding on a demo app. With Entity Framework we will create and work with a small database, all within our C# code. Similarly, we will discover how we can write C# on the front-end too (you read that right) with Blazor. We’ll then learn how SignalR is used to add real time updates on our app.
You are in the target of the audience if you:
- Are familiar with .Net, you know a bit of C#
- You’ve worked with other modern SPA frameworks like React, Angular or Vue, but you love C# more and you can’t wait to be able to write it on the front-end too (experience with these frameworks is not required but will help you understand what Blazor is faster)
- You’re OK with SQL but you would prefer writing C# instead, by having the database managed with Entity Framework (most of the time) if this would mean an easier and faster workflow
- If you want to save a lot of precious development time, by using a single language end-to-end (database, back-end, front-end) by taking advantage of the C#’s reliability, security, and all of it’s cool features
- If you are a beginner programmer, although this workshop will be a bit advanced, it could still offer you a possible learning direction especially if you would prefer pushing the limits of what you can do with one single programming language. Just don’t beat yourself up if you don’t understand everything in the workshop. You’ll end up with a good direction for studying later.
What will you learn at the end:
- At the end of the workshop you will have a better understanding of how you can use the frameworks mentioned above and how they all work so well together.
- Using the specific tooling for these technologies in our advantage (Hot-reload, CLI tools)
- Tips & Tricks, resources to help you next and you will also receive a functional version of the app we’ll develop
What tools do you need installed on your computer before the workshop starts
Although you will not code on your computer during the session you’ll need these in order to run, play and learn on the received end project:
Make sure you have installed the latest version of Visual Studio (Community Edition is free)
When installing VS make sure you check the
- Data storage and processing workload
- ASP Net and Web development
- .Net Core cross-platform development
- Make sure you have the latest .Net Core 5 SDK (normally installed with VS)
In case you register for this workshop and you need info regarding tools, let us know, either by email or on Facebook Messenger.