“Hey, I know someone with experience in .NET and he’s also a very pleasant person. I think he’d like to contribute in AgileHub”. This is how many of our colleagues become part of our team and this is how we got to meet Doru: he was recommended, we asked, he accepted immediately and in June 2019 he held his first workshop in AgileHub.
Since then, he has taken over the leading role of redesigning the architecture of all our processes with Azure and Microsoft suite.
Doru is a .NET developer, proficient in WPF and Xamarin and lately his interest and experience in Azure has been growing steadily.
Workshop: Introduction to Azure using PAAS solutions for programmers
Meet Doru on October 18th, 14:30-17:30.
The goal of the workshop
The goal of this workshop is to introduce programmers into Azure development, so that they get a basic understanding of what Azure is, why you would use it, and learn how to easily host simple web apps.
What will we do in this workshop?
We will go through the essential you need to know in order to get started with Azure, and learn why and how to use some common PAAS Solutions like: App Service, Azure AD, Redis Cache, Azure Functions, Service Bus, Storage Account, etc.
You are in the target of the audience if you:
- Have strong or intermediate programming skills
- Want to learn, or you are interested in how to use Azure
- Have some experience or understanding of hosting any web apps, in any language, on any platform
- Have experience or understanding of any databases or storage solutions
What will you learn at the end:
At the end of this workshop, you will have a basic understanding of what Azure is, and you will know how to easily host your web apps in Azure.
What tools do you need installed on your computer before the workshop starts
- Visual Studio Community (2017 or 2019)
- An azure subscription on portal.azure.com, that you will use to create free resources for demo purposes. (We will not use any credit, everything will be free, but you need an active subscription in order to create any resources. Recommended would be a Pay as you go subscription)
- Visual Studio Azure Development (available in the Visual Studio Installer)