Senior Software Engineer
We first met Dănut in 2014 in one of our many Agile/Scrum trainings. He was immediately drawn to our mission and promised us that one day he will contribute.
He continued to attend other trainings from our curricula and fast forward several years later, he accepted the proposal to join our team.
His programming interests now revolve around Erlang and Elixir programming languages, this is why in our team he contributes with workshops on those topics.
Workshop: Real-time User Experiences with Elixir and Phoenix LiveView
Meet Dănuț on October 18th, 14:30-17:30.
The goal of the workshop
By the end of this workshop you will have a good understanding of what Phoenix LiveView is and how it helps build real-time web applications by managing updates to the client as changes happen on the server.
What will we do in this workshop?
We will first discuss about the Phoenix framework, which is built on top of the Elixir ecosystem. Then we will define the problem we are trying to solve, which is creating real-time user experiences using server-centric technologies. We’re going to showcase a solution by using LiveView, a brand new Phoenix sub-project. To do this, we will work on an application which presents the clients with live sports data.
You are in the target of the audience if you
- are a backend developer who wants to build real-time applications without having to worry about managing client-side updates
- are interested in bleeding edge technologies on the server-side
- want to learn about Elixir, a modern and stable programming platform
- are curious about functional programming techniques used in modern applications
What will you learn at the end:
You will be able to create your own LiveView apps and leverage the framework’s basic features.
What tools do you need installed on your computer before the workshop starts
If you want to follow along as we code during this workshop or experiment with your own projects afterwards, you will need:
- the latest Erlang platform version: https://www.erlang.org/downloads
- the latest Elixir version: https://elixir-lang.org/install.html
- the VSCode editor: https://code.visualstudio.com
- the ElixirLS extension for Elixir support: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=JakeBecker.elixir-ls
In case you register for this workshop and you need info regarding tools, let us know.